Advisory Committee on Trauma
The 1999 Legislature created the Advisory Committee on Trauma (ACT), generally following the recommendations in the 1998 Plan (K.S.A. 75-5664). The ACT is advisory to the Secretary of Health and Environment on the development and implementation of a statewide trauma system. The ACT is composed of 24 members including representation from physician organizations, the hospital association, the state nurse association, and EMS organizations. Of the 24 members, two are legislators, one is a representative of KDHE and one is a representative of the Board of Emergency Medical Services. Members of the committee have significant expertise and commitment to EMS and Trauma Care, and represent both urban and rural interests. The ACT is charged with directing the development and implementation of the Kansas trauma system, including:
- Take a lead role in development of a statewide template for injury prevention.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the RTC (Regional Trauma Councils) for system evaluation, education and training programs, and public education and prevention strategies.
- Monitor availability of resources statewide, assure compliance with system standards, and work in conjunction with the KDHE to develop a process for review of trauma care.
- Evaluate patient care outcomes at a system level.
- Develop a process to assure trauma centers outside the State of Kansas are fully incorporated into
the Kansas Trauma Plan to assure access and mutual aide programs are in place.
- Analyze the impact and results of the system and make recommendations for change as appropriate to assure quality outcomes.
- Assist KDHE in developing and monitoring legislative initiatives as appropriate.
- Identify funding sources for all aspects of the emergency medical and trauma system.
MS PowerPoint Presentation
Click here to view General Presentation |
|11/04/15||10:00 – 3:00 PM||Kansas Medical Society||Meeting Packet|
|02/03/16||10:00 – 3:00 PM||Kansas Medical Society|
|05/04/16||10:00 – 3:00 PM||Kansas Medical Society|
|08/17/16||10:00 – 3:00 PM||Kansas Medical Society|
|11/02/16||10:00 – 3:00 PM||Kansas Medical Society|